Article by Rob van der GaastIstanbul, Turkey (January 21, 2010) – The Spor Toto Teskilat Mudurlugu (State Sports Betting Organization) has auctioned another three sports betting licenses, totaling 5 online operators. And 5 more licenses will be auctioned later.
Presently three players are operating actively on the online betting market in Turkey: - Bilyoner.com, co-owned by Çukurova Holding’s Demir Toprak and Greece’s Intralot (founded on 13 June, 2005):
- Nesine.com, owned by the Dogan Group (founded 11 July 2006); - Misli.com, entered the market some months ago and is an initiative of Misli Elektronik sans Oyunlan ve Yay AS:
- Oley.com, part of the Doğuş Group, existing of Banking, Automotive, Construction, Media, Tourism, Real Estate and Energy. They will enter the market in April.
- Tuttur.com, part of Saran Holding, also a group of companies with interests in energy, defense industry, health care, media, editing, tourism and Internet. And on top of that the group has strong activities in RTV broadcasting and production. They will start this May.
Mobile network operators
Turkey has 65.824 million subscribers in total, or an 89.05% penetration rate. (December 2008)
- Has been working for more then 12 years in Turkey, as an independent group.
- Is the single permanent gambling consultant in Turkey.
- Works throughout Europe.
- Was involved in the privatization of the Milli Piyango as a sub-contractor (Bench Marketing).
- Guided an interested party in the sports betting tender and Milli Piyango privatization (da ma cai, Malaysia).
- Prepared many tailor made Europe reports, two of them on: Fixed Chance Betting Tender (68 pages). Privatization of the National Lottery – Milli Piyango (90 pages).
- Wrote many articles concerning the Turkish online gambling scene in IGamingNews & LotteryInsider.