Blog Will Feature Conference Previews and On-site Reporting
The National Center for Responsible Gaming (NCRG) today launched a new blog in conjunction with its seventh annual Conference on Gambling and Addition. The blog will incorporate conference preview posts in the weeks leading up to the event, scheduled for Nov. 12-14, as well as to-the-minute on-site reports about many of the conference’s most provocative sessions and special events.
Offering resources for members of the media, conference attendees and others interested in international responsible gaming issues, the blog will include posts on sessions covering the latest addictions research as well as the implications of this new research on public policy and industry initiatives related to responsible gaming.
The blog is located at http://ncrgconference.blogspot.com. This link also will be included in a daily e-mail sent to reporters Sunday, Nov. 12 through Tuesday, Nov. 14.Highlights of the new blog will include posts on sessions dealing with:
- New research on the genetic links of gambling disorders
- Responsible gaming on the Internet
- New research on natural recovery among disordered gamblers
- Gender’s influence on addiction and gambling disorders
- International approaches to responsible gaming, including Asia, the U.K. and South Africa
- Examinations of how problem gambling helplines can be more effective
- Evaluating existing research, and the research still needed, to inform industry best practices
- Christopher Kennedy Lawford’s keynote about his personal story of addiction and recovery