China Amusement & Attractions News Flash
* Latest report by China Tourism Academy Shows that during this year’s Qingming Festival (April 4th-6th), Chinese attractions received 43.254 million visitors, collecting a revenue of 8.26 billion yuan. Among all provinces, Guangdong, Yunnan, Sichuan, Anhui, Jilin, Qinghai, Tibet, and Xinjiang saw the fastest recovery in tourism.
* April 13th, the Ministry of Culture & Tourism, and the National Health Commission jointly issued a notice that during the Covid-19 pandemic, only the attraction’s outdoor areas are allowed to be open to the public, and the daily visitor flow should be controlled at no more than 30% of its tourist receiving capacity.
* April 9th, Beijing introduced new plan to raise the city’s national status as a cultural center by boosting its tourism. A goal has been set that by 2035, tourism expenditures should surpass 30% of the city’s total expenses, and the city yearly should receive about 10 million inbound visitors.
* Recently, Zhejiang Province, Jiangxi Province, Nanjing City and Longnan City proposed 2.5-day weekend to help get tourism back on its feet. Other local governments like Wuhan, and etc, are also cutting attraction’s ticket price and distributing shopping vouchers to encourage people to travel and shop.
* April 18th, Fantawild’s 7 theme parks in Jingzhou, Tianjin, Wuhu, Jiayuguan, Xiamen, and Shantou reopened for business. To ensure visitors’ health and safety, Fantawild has implemented measures like real-name ticket buying, visitor flow control, temperature checks, social distancing, and etc.
* April 13th, Evergrand Group announced that despite the Covid-19 pandemic, Ocean Flower Island would be up and running this year as previously scheduled. The Island is a man-made archipelago located in Hainan Province, consisting of high-end restaurants, theaters, museums, 5-stared hotels, large shopping malls, amusement parks themed on myths, ocean, snow and etc.
h4. Trade Show
* The organizer of Asia Amusement & Attractions Expo (AAA) has recently established partnership with Guangdong Study Travel Association (GDSTA), which is going to help the show attract more quality buyers this August.
To get in touch with China’s amusement and attractions market and industry, AAA is the place to go. Sign up today to secure your attendance!
*Asia Amusement & Attractions Expo (AAA)*
*Date:* August 4th-6th, 2020
*Venue:* Area B of China Import & Export Fair Complex
*2020 Thailand(Bangkok)Amusement & Attraction Parks Expo (TAAPE 2020)*
*Date:* Sept. 28-30, 2020
*Venue:* Impact Exhibition & Convention Centre, Bangkok, Thailand